Favourite things about autumn.
Abundance of candy.
Abundance of crunchy leaves.
And of course abundance of all things pumpkin!
I must admit I’m not a fan of the almighty Pumpkin Spice Latte but I am a fan of pumpkin pie AND a massive fan of Harry Potter so combine them together and you have every wizard’s favourite autumn treat, Pumpkin Pasties!
Pretty much two bite mini pumpkin pies, these are so easy to make! Just make a quick pie crust, cut into circles and fill with a spoonful of spicy pumpkin pie filling and faster than you can say “Expecto Patronum” you’ll be popping these pumpkin pasties right in your mouth! Down it with some Butterbeer and you’re all set for a ride to hogwarts.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter diced and chilled
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butterDirections
For Pie Crust–
Combine flour and salt in bowl, mix.
Add butter and blend with fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 tablespoon of water and mix into the dough, add another tablespoon and mix into the dough.
Turn the dough out onto floured surface and roll into small disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400degrees
- Mix the pumpkin puree, sugar, spice and eggs together.
- Roll out the chilled dough to a thin height. Using a large cookie cutter or drinking glass cut circles.
- Brush each circle with melted butter and place 1 tsp of filling in the very center of the circle.
- Fold the circle in half so you have a half moon shape. Seal with a fork by pressing down the edges. Add a steam vent on the top with a sharp knife.
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes.